Friday, February 27, 2015

Hey Gurl, dat Imperial bustle

Knowing I was going to be making the Imperial underskirt I had to have an epic bustle. So I dived in and made TV163. Oops...I had ordered the regular sized hoop wire kit.... And made the "regular" sized bustle. Sigh......Of course I didn't realize that the Imperial skirt NEEDS the Imperial sized bustle. Duh. Needless to say when I put the bustle on and tried on the Imperial skirt over it, well it ate my bustle. And...
Time for another Truly Victorian order. This time for the Imperial hoop wire kit.  She ships out fast so I had my kit in no time.

I had no issues making the bustle. BOTH of them. You could even make them out of fun print fabric if you like. I stayed with boring white. On the bright side, I have two different sized bustles and don't need any more of this type. Yay me!

And here it is, in all it's glory!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just heard you're going to part of the fashion show in Port Townsend for the Victorian Festival. I've been in it for the last 4 years and it's a blast. Looking foward to meeting you there.
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Yes I will be there! Very excited to participate. :-) See you there!

    ReplyDelete