Sunday, September 18, 2016

Lets start out with the fun one Laughing Moon 105 saloon girl bustle skirt!

I have had this pattern for years. I think since 2011. I have made the full skirt before as well as the bodice. The bodice is long gone, that was my 2011 project. This review is for the bustle skirt and also the bloomers/bubble panties. The bodice is Truly Victorian 400. I have reviewed this pattern before and highly recommend it for the beginning Victorian costumer. Plus it can be used for both bustle eras.

Laughing Moon  #105 bustle skirt and drape

I chose the size based only on my waist measurement. There is plenty of hip room but if you have a lot of hip spring I would make a muslin. This skirt consists of a front drape, lined back bustle/fall and a built in bustle pillow. The instructions are easy to follow and I had no issues putting this together. The bustle is lined with netting for extra poof. It also uses tapes so you get the right drape in the back. Instead of using hooks and bars on the closure/placket I used strips of velcro and one hook and bar for the waistband.  Easy! I decorated the bustle with lots of odds and ends of ribbon I had laying around. I used sequined fringe on the front drape.


Bloomers/panties

The picture on the envelope is a bit misleading. On the mannequin the bloomers look like fitted boy shorts. Nope. They are poofy and cute, but not fitted. If you choose to make that specific view they will not look like that fitted. The pattern piece is exactly the same as for the poofy bloomers. I made mine with elastic at the leg openings and trimmed them with lace. Once again I used my waist measurement for fitting. These are pretty roomy in the hips. Easy to sew and fun to wear.




Bloomers!

No comments:

Post a Comment