After choosing my size I traced off the 3 main pattern pieces. I proceeded to make my muslin. I knew there would be many different fitting changes. However, per her instructions you should not make any changes to the back. I found that the back fit perfectly, except the armhole area where it always poofs out. I think this is because I have a forward shoulder. I may, in the future try to pad this area out. Also, based on the size I choose my armhole is too low/deep. My armhole measure is 17.5 around. Where as the size I need in the front bodice increases the armhole size. Anyhow, I won't delve too much more into my personal fitting of this bodice.
A side note: What I do notice about her patterns is the shoulder to apex area is always quite long. So if you are short from shoulder to apex there will be some adjusting in that area. I decreased this area by almost 2 inches. For reference, my torso is short and my legs are long.
The bodice needs 3 layers of fabric. Fashion, underlining (twill, mid weight/bottom weight fabrics) and a lining. You will not be underlining the sleeves. The construction of the bodice is pretty easy. Even the pleats. Just check her diagrams on how the pleats should be formed. And make sure you mark the fabric where you will be able to see the pleat markings clearly. What was time consuming was boning the bodice. It always takes longer than I think it should. But you REALLY need the boning. It gives such nice shape. I know, seems redundant having a boned bodice over a boned corset.
Me and my BFF. Yes, I made her costume too. :-)
Me and my flower!
So, in the end the things I need to improve. Underlining skills (too many wrinkles). And fitting the shoulder/armhole area. My range of motion is somewhat limited. But I was happy with the end result and my dress garnered much attention.