Saturday, February 2, 2019

Laughing Moon Pattern 138 Regency Gown and time for a ball!

Oh it was that time of year again!!! The Washington Regency Society's 12th night ball. It was fantastic and so thoughtfully put together. Of course I needed a new dress for it! I wanted to dig into Laughing Moon 138 for awhile so now I had an excuse.

Pattern:
Mid to later Regency with loads of different trim/neckline/sleeve options. The waistline is a bit lower and there are bust darts. The dress buttons up the back.

Size:
I am pretty much a size 22 in LM patterns so that is what I used. I made no alterations.

Fabric:
Silk shantung for the dress and cotton for lining.

View:
I used the mid neckline and the slash and puff sleeve. The trim on the skirt and bodice was my own design.

Directions:
Great! I have no complaints. The slash and puff sleeves are time consuming but worth it. They do require some hand sewing.

The darts, oh the darts:
Soooooooo......The darts are very high and very pointy. I don't care for them. Next time I will use gathers. One of my friends made her bodice with gathers and it looks really nice. I was unhappy enough with the darts so I covered them with some gathered trim.

Final thoughts:
This makes up into a lovely gown. I will use this pattern again for sure!




The ball was great fun! I didn't really take any pictures since I was too busy having a good time. ;-)






1 comment:

  1. Apparently I'm not getting notices of your blog posts, even as far back as this one,so I missed it too. But I did comment on FB of how beautiful this dress was.
    Val

    ReplyDelete