Thursday, January 28, 2016

JP Ryan English Nightgown AKA Robe à l'Anglaise in silk. FINALLY DONE!!!

Did you hear the Angels of heaven singing today. No, no you didn't. That was just me because I finally finished my dress!

This is the second time I have made JP Ryan's English Nightgown. I love and adore this pattern and dress style. I cannot recommend it enough.

Now if you read my last post you know that I screwed the pooch on my sacque back gown. I was making it for a ball next month. I decided to shop from my stash for my replacement gown. I pulled out my lovely chartreuse silk taffeta I was hoarding for another project and used it for my English Nightgown. I like the way it turned out and I am very very pleased with the color combination.

I make the easy non pleated back version. The gown goes together quickly, it is just the trimming that takes some time. The only adjustment I had made to this pattern was to bring up the shoulder a bit. They are always too long on me. I won't do a full on review because I already have done. So here are some pictures! Pardon my hair.....I just pulled it up and slapped some ostrich feathers in it. ;-)

The last picture is of the first version of this pattern I made last year. It is made of linen and very simple. Can you even believe it is the same dress!! I am always amazed at how different a pattern can look based on fabric and trim choice.



Can't believe this is the same pattern!

The night of Venice Is Sinking. I made the headdress as well.



 Well, now I am heading back to Victorian times. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment