Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Truly Victorian Evening outfit TV422 TV328 TV225

I was going to wear this to the Friday night event at the Victorian Festival in Port Townsend (cancelled).

Patterns are:

TV442---Natural Form evening bodice
TV 328---Split pannier overskirt
TV225---Fantail underskirt (this actually goes with another outfit as well, YAY!!!)

Here we go:

TV442 Evening bodice: 

Fabric used-silk brocade (thrift store find!) This brocade has a light crisp hand and it was a delight to work with. Cotton twill underlining.

Size: my usual size G back and size I front.

Alterations: This style era is apparently longer waisted than some others. I have a very short waist so I needed to take about 1.5 inches out of the waist length. Doing so shortened the back too much so I did a high round back adjustment on the back of the bodice. My upper back is a bit curved and i have a slight forward shoulder. I need some extra length going down the back to make the waist line hit in the correct spot. It was odd taking away some waist length and then adding back some length on the upper back. I actually did three muslins in order to get a good fit. After I had everything lined up correctly I sewed it all together and as usual for TV patterns it turned out nicely.

TV225 Fantail underskirt:

Fabric used-silk shantung.

Size: 36 waist

Alterations: Shortened it 1.5 inches. I'm not quite 5ft 4 in flats. I generally decide on my shoe situation before getting started so I know how much length to remove.
This is a pretty basic skirt and easy to sew. The pleats were time consuming and certainly not perfect but they add a nice touch.

TV328 Split pannier overskirt:

Fabric: Silk brocade, same as bodice.

Size: 36 waist

Alterations: None. This was a delight to sew and it makes a very pretty overskirt!



 Done and done! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment