Monday, August 10, 2020

Simplicity 8578 Part Two! IKEA curtains are the BOMB!

I have already reviewed Simplicity 8758 that I made for an event last year. This year I decided just for fun to make a version from four IKEA cotton ramie curtain panels. It is one of their historic prints and the fabric looks and feel like linen.

Each panel was 2.5 yards long by about 60 something wide. I was very careful in my laying out the pattern and making sure I would have enough fabric. I was left with nothing but scraps by the end.

This time around I lengthened the gown skirt so it was longer than the petticoat by about one inch in the front and that gave me a nice small train in the back. I kept trim very minimal since this is not an evening gown. I also had the stomacher open down the center and I just pin it shut. This would be perfect for a more casual evening meal or for visiting during the day. I have no place to wear it right now but I had so much joy in making it!




My sweet little dog! His name is Pancake.

No comments:

Post a Comment